03 August 2006

Good to be back

Well after a brief hiatus I am back on board and ready to type. For those who do not know I went to Africa for a safari and then to the states with my better half and her family. The trip was excellent and I noticed many things – most of which will come up here in the next few days.

While I was abroad I heard little if anything about this great land down under so can not comment on recent events her so will have to comment on my trip.

Started in South Africa for a safari which my company paid for as a sales incentive to our distributors. All up there were 25 in the group including my sister, Eleanor. The trip went perfectly with flights and accommodation being sweet. Went to 2 different game parks and saw crap loads of animals but unfortunately no KILLS or eating of flesh. I however did my best to keep the grazing population down by chowing down on Impala, Springbok (tasted even better after the rugby destruction our boys dished out), Kudu and Ostrich - being the best by far.
If you have been thinking about going on safari i highly recommend the Madikwe game reserve and particularly the Tau game lodge.

Also while in S.Africa caught up with Greg E and watched the World Cup Final - mate it was good to see you and only a shame that we did not get a chance to have more time together. I will not go into the game as i think everyone is happy with the result and disappointed with the brain explosion by Zizou.

i will fill in the rest later as i have to get back to work.

South African Highlights:
Greg E, eating meat at every meal, animals, black label beer, african tribal music
South African Lowlights:
Early morning starts, did not see a leopard, phone dying after getting off the plane (Nokia you let me down)

TimeWastin:
Sniper game - cool but too short
The funniest interview ever - the king of high talkers