09 August 2006

ball of slime...ah the memories

I knew it was too good to be true. While i was in New York walking down near time square one night i noticed the billboard below. I thought it was hysterical, took photo and moved on. Then today the captain sent me this image to refresh my memory of this and the google bug took over and thanks to the search engine fairies was presented with this http://thatgirlemily.blogspot.com/ - bloody good stuff.
(not actual photo as tam has camera)













After further googleing (what is the correct spelling and term here?) i unfortunately found out it was not real but just a creative promotion for courtTV, a yank TV show about court cases - they are clever with their naming systems, must have outsourced to the kitchen appliance naming institute - FRESHER. Upon revisiting this billboard it occurred to me what a great word slimeball is, something that has been removed from my vocabulary for no other reason than my memory.

This type of word is attributed to the school yard, probably more focused on primary school, and because of that does not get often used in grown up circles. i generally try to make a conscious effort to include more playground words in my day to day life ever since gert was nicknamed fattyboomstix/fattyboomba - that fateful day, not too distant from the lumber incident, changed me forever. No longer was i confined by grown up speak to describe feces as shit or crap but to go back to my roots and call it poo or cachie or caka (transliteration only). From that day till evermore i will always have the quick "dehr brain" rejoinder back in my arsenal for whenever my wit fails me. Should you try and have a go at me remember that you are not far from facing the wrath of my stupidhead attack.

TimeWastin:
Never seen the show but seems funny - discussion on Anal
Football funnies video